AN OPEN LETTER TO ANYONE WHO EVER DREAMED OF BETTER SLEEP
Catch not just more, but better zzz’s
Dear sleepless friend,
I’ve developed something that will change the way you sleep. But before I tell you about it, I want to tell you a little bit about me and sleep.
For those who don’t know me, my name is Dr. Michelle Robin. I’ve been a practicing Chiropractor for over 25 years. I am also the Founder and Chief Wellness Officer of Your Wellness Connection, one of the top integrative wellness centers in the nation. Over the years I have helped thousands of people heal.
Sadly, there are a lot of people who need healing. There are a lot of people that have lived most of their life not feeling well. What is worse is that they don’t even know what it is to feel healthy, clear and full of energy.
That is why I have dedicated my life to wellness. I want to help people know what it is to feel truly well.
Most people come into my office because they are in pain or lack energy.
Pain often can be addressed with chiropractic care. But energy, that is a little more complicated. What I have noticed in my years of practice is that many people spend dozens of hours and hundreds of dollars on trendy diets or the new latest exercise craze, but you know what? They don’t lose weight. They don’t have energy. They don’t look good. They don’t feel good.
While they are counting calories they forget to count their sleep.
Sleep is essential. There is no substitute for sleep. It is a basic need like water. If you don’t have it you will die. Our health, our productivity, our weight, our hormone balance, our energy all depend on how we sleep.
So why don’t we sleep?
I am sure the reasons are different for everyone. We are busy. We are new moms. We sleep next to someone who snores. Beyond the circumstances, I believe one main reason we don’t make sleep a priority is that we don’t truly understand just how important it is.
When I tell clients who want to lose weight or have more energy to sleep more they often give me a skeptical look. Sleep seems too simple or small of a change to really get them the results they desire.
However, the truth is the small changes we make in our life today are sustainable. Those small doable changes become lasting habits. And those habits make us healthy not just for a few weeks, but for a lifetime. Small changes can create big shifts! (You’ve probably heard me say that a time or two.)
On the other hand, some of us make the time to sleep, but we don’t ever get quality sleep. Instead we toss and turn in the all night. We wake up with pain in our lower back or a tight neck because we slept in an odd position. This too is a problem. This is not rejuvenating sleep.
So how do you know if you need more sleep or more quality sleep? (Hint: Most of us could use more quality sleep.)
Let me know if any of this sounds familiar…
- You get only 4 to 6 hours of sleep and say I will make it up this weekend
- You sleep with your cell phone and occasionally check emails in the night or first thing in the morning, before you even get out of bed
- You do another load of laundry instead of getting an extra hour of sleep
- You drink way too much caffeine…often to boost the energy you don’t naturally have
- You struggle to make the right food choices
- You use wine or TV to lull yourself to sleep
- You’re tired of being tired!
… and then you feel horrible. But the next day you do it all over again.
Your life doesn’t have to be like that!
Your sleep doesn’t have to be sacrificed for your busy life. And it shouldn’t be.
What happens when you don’t get enough sleep:
After one night:
You can’t focus at work
You aren’t as approachable
You don’t look your best
You are losing brain tissue
You are more likely to go through the McDonald’s drive-thru
After prolonged sleepless nights:
You can’t lose weight (you may be gaining weight)
Your sex drive plummets
Your risk for diabetes goes up
You can’t be the parent you want to be, because you will never be fully present (You will be too busy looking for the next Starbucks!)
Your risk of stroke quadruples
Your risk of anxiety and depression increases
In other words – Never underestimate your need to sleep.
Wouldn’t it be great if you…
- Woke up in the morning feeling excited about the day ahead
- Could cross everything off your to-do-list …and find a rhythm that let you do this most every day
- Had the willpower to eat a salad instead of that greasy burger
- Had the energy to be present throughout your day instead of wishing you were in bed
- Felt good in your own body
- Could fit into those jeans you love
- Felt like super mom
- Weren’t spending your days feeling tired of being tired
- Looked forward to sleep the way you do a spa day
Regular quality sleep can do this for you!
But there is no one-size fits all solution for sleep.
That is why I created the 21-Days to Rejuvenating Sleep Program.
I wanted to help you create a custom sleep plan that works.
WHAT DO YOU GET IN THE 21-DAYs TO REJUVENATING SLEEP PROGRAM?
1. A Daily Sleep Guide
Every day for 21 days you will receive an email in your inbox. Each email will have a message from me and an assignment or tip to help you meet your daily sleep goal and improve your long-term sleep and wellbeing. Inside the emails you will learn:
- How much sleep you really need
- How to create a morning and evening routine
- How to turn your bedroom into a sleeping sanctuary
- Tips on how to declutter your life to make room for you and your needs
- Images to help you find the best sleeping position
- A plan to help you sleep well after the program
- An mp3 meditation for “Loving Kindness”
…and so much more.
2. Sleep Plan – The Ultimate Prep List
To make this challenge as easy as possible, you have access to weekly prep lists to take the guesswork out of what you need for the week.
- A prep list so you can know what you need each week to get the perfect night’s sleep
- A week-to-week sleep log you can use to document your progress
- Guides for creating your morning and evening routines
HOW THIS CAME ABOUT
I have partnered with an amazing health coach to help you create a plan that’ll stick with you beyond the program. No more sleepless nights. No more putting your basic needs last. We’ve been helping people be well for years. Here’s a little more about us:
Dr. Michelle Robin is an international speaker, best-selling author, radio host, and practicing chiropractor. She is the founder of Your Wellness Connection, P.A., one of the nation’s most successful integrative healing centers. Dr. Robin also consults with businesses and non-profit organizations developing wellness programs. She has spoken on improving individual well-being as well as creating a culture of wellness to a wide variety of companies, organizations, and conferences across the US and Canada.
Shelly Murray, A Wellness Advocate at Your Wellness Connection, earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and is certified by the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, which is affiliated with Columbia University in New York, as a certified Health Counselor. Shelly also is a board certified member of The American Association of Drugless Practitioners. She attended the Graduate Counseling Program at IIN earning her certification in Integrative Nutrition and she is also a Certified Swedish Massage Therapist.
IS THE PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOU?
The 21-Days to Rejuvenating Sleep Program is for you if you feel like:
- You don’t know where to start
- You forgot what it is like feel good
- You are ready to make one small change for a better future
The program is not for your if:
- You can’t commit to reading your guides 15 minutes a day
- You can’t commit to taking action on what is shared in the daily guides
- You are under medical supervision*
* The challenge may still work for you, but first consult your doctor.
WHAT IS MY INVESTMENT?
The investment for the 21 Days to Rejuvenating Sleep Program is $21 dollars for 21 days. It is a dollar a day for more energy, focus, and better health. That’s a lot cheaper than that daily triple shot venti latte you use for energy now (and healthier).
THIS IS YOUR TIME!
You need to sleep. And the world needs you to sleep too so that you can be your best self.
This program isn’t a quick fix. But it is a way to put yourself first again. It is a way to upgrade your sleep and your quality of life. You don’t have to be tired of being tired anymore.
If you have any questions about the sleep program please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope you have a day filled with kindness and night filled with zzz’s.