Today on Small Changes Big Shifts we have Liz Koch. Liz is an international teacher & author with 30 years experience working with and specializing in the psoas muscle. Educating both laypersons and professionals around the world, she is recognized by colleagues in the movement, wellness, and fitness professions as an authority on the core muscle of the human body.
The Psoas is the tenderloin (filet mignon) of the human body. Juicy, supple, and dynamic, the Psoas is the primal messenger of the central nervous system. Your Psoas is much more than simply a muscle, it can be perceived as the guardian or spokesperson of Dan Tien, Hara, or what is commonly referred to as your gut intuition. In some spiritual philosophies, the Psoas is referred to as the muscle of the soul.
Liz is the author of The Psoas Book; Core Awareness: Enhancing Yoga, Pilates, Exercise & Dance; Unraveling Scoliosis CD; The Psoas & Back Pain CD; and the contributing author of Maiden, Mother, Crone: Our Pleasure Playlist. Liz is also the creator of Core Awareness™, which offers a somatic approach to deepening the experience of the human core. Beginning with the core muscle, the psoas, Core Awareness™ focuses attention on sensation as a means for maturing and developing the proprioceptive nervous system, which is responsible for skeletal alignment, balance, and orientation.
- CLICK HERE to visit Liz Koch’s Website
- CLICK HERE to visit Liz Koch on Facebook
- CLICK HERE to visit Liz Koch on Twitter
- CLICK HERE to visit Liz Koch on LinkedIn
- You can order her book, The Psoas Book: New 30th Anniversary Revised Edition HERE
- You can order her book, Core Awareness: Enhancing Yoga, Pilates, Exercise and Dance HERE
Quadrants of Wellbeing – Small Changes Big Shifts
This year we’re sharing more about the foundation of everything we do at YWC – The Quadrants of Wellbeing. I know you’ve heard me talk about the quadrants in the time we’ve known one another. We just launched two things to start sharing the story even more.
- Visit the Quadrants of Wellbeing microsite and watch the educational video series HERE
- Download your FREE copy of Small Changes Big Shifts – Put the Odds In Your Favor by Dr. Michelle Robin HERE
Review the Podcast
If you enjoyed the show, please rate and review my podcast, and share using the links below.
This will help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks!